Prologin and your Personal Data
The processing goal is to organize the Prologin contest. It enables the Prologin association to:
- process registration requests on the Prologin website;
- provide communication services (forum) and code evaluation (online judge) ;
- process applications for participation in the Prologin contest;
- tailor the meals taking into account each dietary restrictions;
- answer questions from the participants;
- steer the activity of the association (evaluate participant satisfaction, produce statistics).
Lawfulness of Processing¶
The data subjects give consent to the processing of their personal data for the declared purposes (art. 6(1)a of GDPR).
Registration on the site requires the following categories of data:
- Identification: pseudonym, email;
- Internet: audience measurement;
Entering the contest requires additional information:
- Identification: name, first name, address...;
- School life (also referred to as professional life): current class level;
- Personal life: dietary constraints;
- Internet: audience measurement;
- Health data: medical treatments and allergies.
These data are collected directly from the applicant, and/or from the holder of parental authority when necessary (the candidate is less than 16).
Registration to the Prologin website requires (unless specified otherwise) the collection of data necessary to process the registration.
Entering the Prologin contest requires (unless specified otherwise) the collection of data necessary to process the application and ensure on-site events are correctly held.
Automated Individual Decision-making¶
The processing may include a fully automated decision: applications for entry into the Prologin contest that are clearly insufficient (evaluation by the Prologin online judge) are automatically rejected. Although this automatic decision has no legal effect and no significant impact, Prologin can be contacted directly.
This processing involves:
- natural persons registering to the Prologin website;
- natural persons applying to the Prologin contest;
- holder of parental authorities for the above persons if necessary (applicant is less than 16);
- members of Prologin;
- natural or legal persons from Prologin partners and/or sub-processors.
Categories of Recipients¶
Taking into account their respective needs, the following are a recipient of all or any parts of the data:
- authorized members of Prologin;
- authorized members of Prologin partners and/or sub-contractors;
- emergency services if needed.
Data Transfers Outside of EU¶
Data may be transferred outside the European Union (to a partner in Switzerland for the organization of the respective regional event, if applicable, and to Google worldwide). Google and Prologin rely on the standard contractual clauses provided by the European Commission and available on its website.
Identification data, school, and personal life are stored until the data subject unsubscribes from Prologin. Health data are deleted three years after the end of the final.
Some security measures, aiming to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the data, have been implemented. They are extracted from the ISO/IEC27002 standard. It includes, without being limited to, data encryption in-transit and externalized backups.
You have (via the holder of parental authorities when applicable) the right to access and obtain a copy of your personal data, to object to their processing, to rectify, or to erase them. You also have the right to restrict the processing of your data. Finally, you have the right to have your application for the contest re-examined by a human being if you have been the subject of an automated decision. Please refer to the website of your national Data Protection Authority to learn more about your rights.
How to Exercise your Rights¶
Any request must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lodging a Complaint¶
Should you think your rights are not respected, and after having contacted us, you can lodge a complaint with your national Data Protection Authority.